/457 xerofire® Clear Topcoat
A two-pack acid-catalyst furniture grade clear topcoat with FIRA 6250 Severe Use properties.
xerofire® Fire Retardant system from Morrells is a class-leading system, providing a high quality, furniture grade finish with EN Euro Classification B-s1,d0, the best possible Euro reaction to fire performance rating for a system of this type.
A Statement of Supply is issued with each job relevant to the surface area to be coated and the quantity of product supplied.
Please contact Technical Services at 0161 406 5300 or consult the data sheet for full application guidelines. The guidelines below are a summary only and do not contain all required information.
- Apply 1 coat of xerofire® Isolator
- Denib with 320g
- Apply coat 1 of mixed/reacted xerofire® Basecoat
- Apply coat 2 of freshly mixed/reacted xerofire® Basecoat
- Lightly denib with 320/400g sandpaper
- Apply 1 coat of xerofire® Clear Topcoat (no more than 1 coat is required)
BS 476: Part 6: 1989 +A1: 2009 – Method of Test for Fire Propagation of Products – Report Number: 315455 issued 25th April 2012 by Exova Warrington. Reviewed (402251) by Exova Warrington 13th July 2018.
BS 476: Part 7: 1997 – Method for Classification of the Surface Spread of Flame of Products – Report Number: 315456 issued 25th April 2012 by Exova Warrington. Reviewed (402252) by Exova Warrington 13th July 2018.
EN 13501-1: 2007 +A1 :2009 “Euro” Classification B-s1,d0 – Report Number 412843 issued 10th June 2019 by Warringtonfire.
The user should consider the Fire Retardant Accreditation for this product range as a guideline only. The tests conducted encompass the whole finishing system which may comprise additionally of substrate, adhesive, veneer and coating, and not just the coating. Application methods and coating weights are also factors which can influence fire retardancy.
It is the responsibility of the user to ensure that their specific system/application achieves/maintains the required Fire-Retardant rating.
xerofire® has received the highest rating for Euro Class B of s1,d0
- s1 - little or no smoke propagation
- d0 - no flaming droplets or particles in the first 10 minutes
xerofire® complies with the requirements for Class 0 defined in Appendix A paragraph 13 of Approved Document B “Fire Safety” to the Building Regulations and has achieved the Euro reaction to fire classification of Euro Class B-s1,d0 xerofire® official Exova FR Certification/Accreditation Reports:
EN 13501-1: 2007 +A1 :2009 “Euro” Classification B-s1,d0 – Report Number 412843 issued 10th June 2019 by Warringtonfire
BS 476: Part 6: 1989 +A1: 2009 - Method of test for Propagation of Products - Report Number: 315455 issued 25th April 2012 by Exova Warrington
- BS 476: Part 7: 1997 - Method for Classification of the Surface Spread of Flame of Products - Report Number: 315456 issued 25th April 2012 by Exova Warrington
xerofire® has been used in well-known places: Starbucks, Manchester City FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC, Birmingham Library, Heathrow Terminals 4 & 5, The National Theatre, Frankie & Benny’s, Waterloo Underground Station, the Facebook Offices and The Royal Barge.
Contact Technical Service for more information at 0161 406 5300. See the rest of the Architectural Coatings range, or view our Interior Lacquers.
- Touch Dry: 30 minutes @ 18°C
- Sandable: 2 hours @ 18°C
- Recoatable: Only one coat required
- Coverage: Up to 15m² per litre dependent upon the size, orientation and surface quality of the item being coated, and the transfer efficiency of the application method/equipment
- Packing: Overnight