induro® SPORT Floor Lacquer
induro® SPORT is a tough resilient two pack waterborne polyurethane coating especially formulated to be used on sports floors. Accredited with BS EN 15301 for rotational resistance and BS EN 14904 dry slip resistance, induro® SPORT meets international standards for multi-sport use. Highly resistant to scuffs and marks, SPORT is suitable for other domestic and commercial high traffic areas.
Use after sealing with induro® GP Seal or ISO Seal for a strong yet flexible coating. Maintain SPORT with induro® Maintenance products.
Prior to starting the sanding process the floor should be checked for any protruding nail or screw heads and these should either be removed or countersunk. All wooden floors requiring a finish will have to be sanded. Newly laid floors are sanded to achieve a nice level floor and old floors are sanded to remove existing finishes and to level out worn and heavily used areas.
Sanding will have to be carried out in several grit stages and this will be dependent on the unevenness and general condition of the floor.
Morrells standard Light Fast range of stains give excellent grain definition and overall colour. Due to this range being spirit based (fast drying), care should be taken on application not to stain too large an area at once as this could lead to a patchy appearance once the stain is dry.
- Stain should be applied by brush/rag or mohair pad
- Remove excesses with a clean rag
It is important to remove as much of excess stain as possible so as not to create a film as this could result in poor adhesion of subsequent coats of lacquer.
Stains intended for other uses i.e. decking, fencing, garden furniture etc should not be considered for floors as these will contain water-repelling properties, and therefore water based floor lacquers would not adhere to these stains.
- Do not denib the sealer
- Denib between coats of induro® SPORT
- mix 9 parts lacquer to 1 part 8CAT/SP by volume
- add catalyst into the can of lacquer, replace top, turn upside down and shake vigorously for 1 minute
- allow lacquer to stand for 5 minutes before use (use within 5 hours of mixing)
- apply using a short mohair roller or similar, or mohair flooring pad or t-bar applicator
- apply lacquer evenly making smooth passes, predominantly along the grain
- avoid pooling of lacquer
induro® Application Tips
- avoid equipment containing copper, iron, zinc, aluminium and platinum
- carry out an adhesion test on a small test area when overcoating non-induro® flooring products
- use equipment solely nominated for waterborne products only
- not suitable for pulling over
- optimum application between 18°C and 22°C with good air movement and ventilation
- for professional use only
- After 80-100 grit sanding stage, mix induro® Mix'n'Fill with sanding dust and fill gaps smaller than 6mm
- Fill gaps larger than 6mm with Hot-Melt Filler or Morrells® One-Part or Two-Part Filler
- Complete the sanding regime
- 1 coat of induro® GP Floor Sealer and Primer at 130-150ml per m2 (Dry Film Thickness ~ 42μm)
- Do not sand or denib the sealer coat
- Between each coat of SPORT, lightly sand with rotary sander 150-180 grit mesh then vacuum and sweep the floor
- 3 to 4 coats of induro® SPORT Floor Lacquer at 100-120ml per m2 (Dry Film Thickness ~ 30-35μm)
- Pack size: 5L
- Catalysis: 9 parts lacquer : 1 part catalyst by volume
- Pot life: 5 hours
- Touch dry: 20 - 30 minutes @ 18°C
- Recoatable: 2 hours minimum @ 18°C
- Coats: 3 - 4 coats
- Light use: 24 hours @ 18°C
- Fully hard: 5 - 7 days @ 18°C
- Traffic: medium - high traffic once fully hard
- Coverage: 40m² per 5 litres dependent upon the size, orientation and surface quality of the item being coated